The World Health Organization now claims that the swine flu is a “public health emergency of international concern.” Because of the potential spread of this illness some US Consulate posts in Mexico that process various visa categories including visas for H2A and H2B guestworkers have closed.
What we know as of April 28th:
· US Consulate General in Monterrey has suspended non-immigrant visa processing until May 5th
· According to the Monterrey Consulate website, those applicants that had confirmed appointments this week will be rescheduled for May 5, 2009
· Any workers that have confirmed appointments at the Nuevo Laredo post are still on for 4/28 processing, we don’t how long beyond that date that post will continue processing
· The situation in Mexico is very fluid and can change quickly
· We have also received information that the border is now closed at least for the rest of the week
Some links that might be of interest concerning swine flu:
This is all of the information that we have at this time.